You have the opportunity to participate in a homeschool ski trip to Beech Mountain (arranged through Riderschoice).
The dates are January 27, February 17 or February 24. Pick 1, 2, or all 3 dates, whatever works best for you and your family.
For those wishing to spend the night before, the Best Western in Banner Elk (approx 6 miles from Beech Mountain) has reserved a block of 10 rooms for the following dates, January 26th, (confirm by January 16th). February 16th, (confirm by February 6th), and February 23, (confirm by February 13). The best rate Shannon could offer us is $73.29 (including tax) for 2 doubles. Please contact the Best Western directly at 828-898-4571 to make your reservations. The block is held under the name Colonial Homeschoolers.
IMPORTANT: All of your reservations are made directly with the hotel and with Riderschoice. Do not contact Colonial Homeschoolers to make reservations. If you have questions, please contact Paulette Carrieri @ email@example.com. Look forward to seeing you on the slopes.
Please see the following information for details regarding the trip and how to register.
Details for Beech Mnt:
- Lift tickets good from 9:00 am – 10:00 pm, Ski or Board day and night for one low price! Lift closes from 4:30 – 6:00 for grooming!
- Price is $20.oo per skier or boarder
- Price includes: lift ticket, rental equipment (skies or snowboard and helmet if desired), one hour group lesson (if desired). (non-Riderschoice group rate for all of this would be from $65 – $77) If you have your own equipment and don’t want a lesson the price is still $20.00
- PLEASE NOTE that lessons are for those 8 years and older.
- Skiers are welcome and will have a great time on the many slopes and the quad lift makes the ride up the mountain fast and the lines short. Snowboarders will have an amazing time on the two terrain parks and many rails, boxes, and features to hit and try to conquer!
- Bag lunches may be eaten on the top floor only! No coolers larger than lunch box size allowed in the lodge. Hot lunch tickets can be reserved in advance for $8.00 and must be used in the cafeteria prior to 3:00 pm. The hot lunch includes a burger or chicken strips or barbeque sandwich, fries, and medium drink.
- Please note that you will not be able to just show up at Beech and be part of the Riderschoice group deal! Glenna Toney is coordinating at Beech and Riderschoice dates are posted above.
- All dates are weather permitting. Ski season in NC can be short and unpredictable so don’t delay!
- Make plans with your family. This rate is only open to homeschoolers (including parents), their families (Including grown children),and their guest. Guest must arrive with the homeschool family who invited them.
- Your registration MUST HAVE the following information sent by email. Here are the steps to register:
Decide what date you want to attend. Email registration to riderschoicewnc@bellsouth.
net at least 3 days in advance of ski date. PLEASE PUT THE DAY/DATE IN THE SUBJECT LINE!!! (ex. Thursday, 1-21-10)
* Name of skiers/boarders (participant)
* Does the participant need to rent skis/board/ or none
* Does the participant need a lesson and what type (ski or board and age)
* Does the participant want to reserve a hot lunch
* A phone number where your group can be reached on ski day
* Example: Jon Smith: ski rental, ski lesson (age 12), hot lunch 828-555-5555
- Expect an email confirmation of your reservation
- Arrive at Beech on correct date and correct time period with proof of homeschooling with you.
- Participant’s names will be written down and checked off upon arrival. Please visit our blog for specific rules. http://www.riderschoice.
- If you sign up for a date, we are expecting you to show up at Beech Mnt. If for some reason anyone in your group/family can’t make the date you sign up for, please contact Group Sales ASAP! Our discount rate depends on the number of participants! So be sure to keep the Group Coordinator for the day up-to-date on any changes in your group/family numbers.
- You are responsible for your own ride to Beech Mountain and you must arrive between 8:30 A.M. and 4:30 P.M. for the session and go to Group Sales to pay. YOU MUST BRING CASH or Credit and if you are renting a snowboard you MUST bring a debit/credit card to present to the rental window (you will NOT be charged unless you fail to return your equipment.)
- PLEASE, get your money together and have ONE person in your family or car load or group bring your money to Group Sales so as to facilitate getting your lift tickets and rental forms. Children should not come to the desk with parents, this is way too confusing.
- Please list “RIDERSCHOICE” as your group on all rental forms.
- If the weather looks questionable (ie: raining and 60 degrees, dangerous and hazardous winds or other weather) and Riderschoice must cancel, one person in your group will get an email and/or a phone call. Please send a number where you can be reached on ski date.
For more information regarding Beech Mountain: http://www.skibeech.com