These are the registration policies for both new and returning families.
SEEK holds two Training Meetings. The purpose of each Training Meeting is to discuss SEEK policy information and to collect required registration forms. The first meeting will be for ALL Returning Members and the second for New Members (waiting list). Please do not bring children other than nursing babies to training meetings if possible. Refer to the Calendar on the SEEK homepage for training meeting date information.
Complete payment must be received at registration to reserve a space for your family. Please note that we cannot issue refunds after registration meetings.
Online Submission of Class Preferences
Returning Members and New Members are required to submit their group preferences ONLINE prior to registration. The order in which you submit your preferences ONLINE will not determine the order that your registration is processed. The submission form will be available via the SEEK Portal for a specified period of time, and changes can be made to your information at any time during that period. However, once that period has ended all submissions are final and no changes will be allowed, so rank your choices carefully. See specific meeting details below for registration information. Members will be notified via email when the form becomes available.
SEEK is a co-op that requires the participation of parents; therefore, a family is only allowed to register their own children and/or foster children. Parents may not register children that do not reside with them, even if the parent is operating a DNPE two-family homeschool.
Department Age Ranges:
Children must register in the correct age group according to birth-date. The 2021-2022 cut-off dates by department are as follows:
- Nursery and Preschool (0-4 years old) 9/1/2016 to present
- Early Elementary (5-7 years old) – 9/1/2013 to 8/31/2016
- Elementary (8-10 years old) – 9/1/2009 to 8/31/2013
- Middle School (11-13 years old) – 10/16/2007 to 8/31/2010
- High School (14-18 years old) – prior to 10/16/2007
Returning Member (Leaders/Non-Leaders) Registration Meeting Information
- Prior to the meeting, the committee will process Class Leader ONLINE submissions. Class Leader families will be processed before Member families. Leader family registration order will be determined by a computer-generated random lottery process.
- Once Class Leaders have been registered, then the remaining current membership will be registered. Order will be determined by a computer-generated random lottery process.
- Training Meetings for ALL Returning Members are MANDATORY except for travel or illness. Failure to attend may lead to loss of membership.
New Member (Waiting List) Training Meeting Information
- Training Meetings for New Members are MANDATORY with no exceptions – one parent must attend to register in SEEK.
- Waiting List families must submit group preferences ONLINE to remain on the list. Any families that do not submit will be removed from the list and will not be eligible to register. However, ONLINE submission does not guarantee registration.
- After all current SEEK members have registered, the committee will determine how many spaces are available for New Members. If space is available for your family, you will be notified via email prior to New Member Training and invited to attend the meeting in order to finalize registration.
- Please note: Families who worship regularly at The Shepherd’s Church will receive priority in registration.
Who do I contact for more information?
Send questions to email@example.com