Information About Our Program
The ministry of SEEK was born from the desire to provide support and encouragement for homeschooling mothers through weekly Bible study and fellowship. In addition, SEEK also provides enrichment classes for homeschooled children that are educational and enhance the learning that is already taking place in the home. For more details about SEEK, read the SEEK Department Descriptions in the menu bar on the right.
- Location: The Shepherd’s Church: 6051 Tryon Rd; Cary, NC 27518
- Time: 9 AM to 12:15 PM
- Days: Thursday
- 13 Week commitment
- Each morning begins with an opening assembly, which includes praise songs and a short devotion.
- Two 70-minute group sessions are offered each Thursday.
All classes offered are supplemental to what is taught in the home and are only for enrichment purposes. Parents are responsible for ensuring their participation in SEEK complies with state law governing home schools. The classes offered vary from semester to semester and are determined by the willingness of SEEK members to lead. Members/parents lead most of the groups. However, we also have people who volunteer their time and talents to lead.
- SEEK is a cooperative; one parent’s weekly attendance and service are required for a family to remain in good standing and be eligible for future participation.
- At least one parent must remain on campus while SEEK is meeting and serve as a class leader, assistant, escort, dismissal attendant, floater, or nursery worker during one of the two 70 minute sessions.
- Since SEEK primarily exists so that homeschool mothers can participate in a Bible Study, all members must participate in a study for at least one semester/school year. In addition, all new members (and returning members that have not participated in SEEK for more than two semesters) must participate in a Bible Study or Support Group during their first semester in the program.
- There is a $25 registration fee per person to participate in the program. This applies to every individual attending on Thursday mornings.
- There is a $125 cap per family. Therefore, families with more than five family members attending will only be charged a $25 registration fee/person for the first five family members.
- Each class costs between $15 to $80, and each student takes two classes.
- The nursery/preschool fee for children under five years old is $26 per semester.
- All class and nursery/preschool fees are used to purchase the curriculum and materials needed for each child.
- Fees are nonrefundable after Registration is complete.
New Member Registration
Fall Waitlist Application opens March 1 at noon. Families will be notified regarding placement in late April.
Spring Waitlist Application opens on October 1 at noon. Families will be notified regarding placement in mid-November.
- Once your application is received, you will be sent an email with additional information. We will extend an invitation email if we have space for your family, o
- The close date for the Wait List Application is determined by the number of applicants and the availability of space.
- New members are accepted in the order they apply based on space availability in their preferred classes and age groups. Those who worship regularly at The Shepherd’s Church will have priority in Registration.
- Before you apply, we ask that you review the SEEK-Registration-Policies, the “SEEK New Member FAQs” and the SEEK-Policies-and-Procedures for additional information including attendance and service requirements and SEEK Doctrinal Statement.
Tours for Prospective members are offered once a semester, in late February for families interested in the fall semester and in late September for families interested in the spring semester. Tours begin promptly at 9:30 AM and are scheduled for the following dates:
September 28, 2023
February 22, 2024
September 26, 2024
Visitors must email email@example.com to reserve one of the tour dates.
Returning Members Registration
- Returning Members will be notified via email regarding upcoming Registration.
- Class Descriptions will be available via the SEEK Portal.
Who do I contact for more information?
Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org