This course requires a placement test for admittance. Since the registration fee is non-refundable, we recommend that you wait and register after taking the test. If you want to lock in a spot prior to taking the test, you may do so, but please remember that you will not receive a refund if your child fails the test. If you are concerned about the class fill in up, feel free to contact up periodically for registration updates.
Topics of study will include: Euclid Geometry including the nature of deductive reasoning, lines and angles, congruent triangles, inequalities, quadrilaterals, transformations, area, symmetry, circle, polygons, geometric solids, proofs, and SAT preparation exercises.
Teacher: Teresa Bowyer
Students who have not taken a math class at HARC before must take a placement test.
- Print the placement test available. – Geometry Placement Test
- The student takes this test, without aid, to the best of his/her ability.
- Mail the completed placement test to the instructor, Teresa Bowyer 2743 Manors Edge Dr New Hill, NC 27562.
MATERIALS AND TEXTS:
- We will be using the Geometry Curriculum from All Things Algebra by Gina Wilson. It is very structured and boxed out for organization. Each lesson includes guided notes and homework. You will be able to purchase the curriculum from the teacher.
- Calculator – REQUIRED- (We recommended is the TI-83 Plus or TI-84, which is sufficient for all high school math classes)
- Protractor (optional)
- Compass (optional)