This fall semester class uses a comprehensive curriculum that covers a variety of beneficial
• VAK Learning Styles
• Study Habits
• Time Management and Using a Planner
• Using Graphic Organizers for Taking Notes
• Using Cornell Notes for Texts and In Class Lectures
• Remembering Information Using Pneumonic Devices
• Test Taking Strategies (including Final Exams preparation)
• Building Vocabulary Through Context Clues.
Students can expect to practice the strategies and techniques learned in class using
information/texts from their other academic classes for immediate application. By the end of the
semester, each student will have sufficient practice to implement their favorite methods for
learning, retaining, and recalling information. Students can expect 30 – 45 minutes of
homework to prepare for each class meeting. This is a one-semester course and counts as 0.5 elective credit.
**This class teaches students how to organize their assignments and time using a planner. The
planner used in the class is from Shiplies. Follow the link below to order this specific planner.
INSTRUCTOR: Missy Meece
1. Study Strategies Made Easy: A Practical Plan for School Success
Publisher: Specialty Press/A.D.D. Warehouse
2. 2020 Planner Academic, Shiplies Weekly ＆ Monthly A5 Daily Calendar Organizer Time
Management, 12 Monthly Tabs, 5.8″ x 8.3″
r e f = p d _ c a r t _ v w _ c r c _ 1 _ 2 / 1 4 3 – 4 8 4 6 1 7 1 – 5 3 1 1 9 1 1 ?