The best source of information about the NCFCA is their website, but this information offers you a good summary of what you can expect as you affiliate and compte with the NCFCA.
- Students must be between the ages of 12-18 on January 1 of the competition season.
- Students must be home schooled at least 51% of the time to compete in tournaments.
- Students must dress in professional business attire.
- One parent is required to accompany his/her student to tournaments. Parents will be trained to serve as judges and timekeepers and will be asked to volunteer in various positions to facilitate a successful tournament. Parents should dress in casual business attire.
(Locations, dates, and times subject to change; please visit www.ncfca.org for current information)
- Region 9 Qualifying tournaments:
- Dates TBA: usually begin in January and continuing through April
- Region 9 typically has 4 qualifiers; Recent locations include Norfolk, VA, Annandale, VA, Annapolis, MD, and Gastonia, NC
- Students who qualify at one of the Region 9 Qualifying Tournaments are eligible to compete in the Regional Tournament which usually occurs in April.
- Students who qualify at the Regional Tournament will have the opportunity to participate in the National tournament which usually takes place in June.
- Regional Tournament:
- Average tournament entry fees: $50/student
- Travel expenses if you elect to attend an out of town tournament
- Tournament attire: professional attire is required for student participation and for parental judges..
- Parents may be asked to donate snacks for the Hospitality Room.